This easy Watermelon and Cucumber Juice only takes 5 minutes to make and is loaded with healthy vitamins and nutrients for a delicious and refreshing drink.
This combination of watermelon, cucumber, mint and lime juice is extremely refreshing, especially on hot summer days. Additionally, this watermelon juice is a great way to use up any watermelon that is starting to get soggy and mushy. It's great as a breakfast, snack or complement to a meal. Serve it with Green Chile Egg Casserole or Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole for a balanced brunch the entire family will love.
Here's what you need to make Watermelon and Cucumber Juice:
- cubed seedless watermelon
- Engish cucumber
- fresh mint
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Watermelon and Cucumber Juice:
First, use a knife and cutting board to cut the cucumber into long, thin pieces. Cut the rind off of the lime, and pick the mint leaves off of the sprig.
Then, process the watermelon, cucumber, lime and mint through a juicer. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving if you prefer your juice cold.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Cucumber and Watermelon Juice? Here's how:
- Watermelon - substitute an equal amount of a different fruit in place of the watermelon such as pineapple, mango or strawberries.
- English cucumber - use any type of cucumber in place of the English cucumber but feel it first it it has thick and waxy skin. Substitute celery or romaine lettuce for the cucumber, if desired.
- Lime - use an equal amount of lemon in place of the lime.
- Mint - use an equal amount of basil in place of the mint or eliminate the mint altogether.
Try one of these variations of Watermelon Cucumber Juice:
- Spicy - add a whole jalapeno (seeds and all) to give the juice a spicy twist.
- Boozy - mix ½ cup of Watermelon Cucumber Juice with ¼ cup of silver tequila and serve over ice for a delicious cocktail.
Or try this Carrot Orange Ginger Juice.
This equipment comes in handy when making Watermelon and Cucumber Juice:
Although the juice is most nutritious when consumed immediately, prepared Watermelon Juice can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Not sure how to use a juicer? If so, check out this how to use a juicer step-by-step tutorial to get you started.
Watermelon and cucumber contain a variety of nutrients and antioxidants including vitamin C and beta-carotene. Additionally, watermelon is high in lycopene and citrulline which improve cardiovascular health and kidney function.
This Watermelon Cucumber Juice contains 157 calories per serving.
Cucumber and watermelon pair well together forming a super refreshing combination with just a touch of natural sweetness from the watermelon. That is why this is a popular pairing for salads and juices.
Looking for other easy drink recipes like this? If so, try these:
Serve this Watermelon and Cucumber Juice with one of these breakfast recipes for a balanced meal:
Watermelon and Cucumber Juice
- Use a knife and cutting board to cut the cucumber into long, thin pieces. Cut the rind off of the lime, and pick the mint leaves off of the sprig.
- Process the watermelon, cucumber, lime and mint through a juicer. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving if you prefer your juice cold.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods