This delicious Skinny Cocktail comes together in just 5 minutes with 3 simple ingredients for a drink that is light and refreshing. I'm a tequila girl myself but gin, vodka or rum all work equally well here.
Most cocktails are heavy on calories due to the high amounts of sugar in the mixes or simple syrup. Excessive amounts of sugar contribute to not feeling well the next day. The sugars have been minimized in this sparkling water cocktail by sticking with just a few simple ingredients.
This easy Skinny Cocktail recipe has a light flavor, enabling it to pair well with a variety of foods. Serve it with Spicy Guacamole, a charcuterie board, Little Smokies Pigs in a Blanket, Baked Cheese Chips or any appetizer of your choice for an easy Happy Hour.
Here's what you need to make this Skinny Cocktail:
- any flavor sparkling water
- silver tequila
- fresh lime juice
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make a Skinny Cocktail:
1. Add all ingredients to a glass, stir, add ice and serve.
Hint: Use any flavor or brand of sparkling water in this recipe, I particularly like Pamplemousse (grapefruit) La Croix.
Want to substitute one of the ingredients in this recipe? Here's how:
- Silver tequila - substitute an equal amount of any other liquor in place of the tequila, I particularly like vodka, gin or rum.
- Lime - use an equal amount of lemon juice in place of the lime juice.
- Sparkling water - use an equal amount of tonic water, soda water or diet soda in place of the sparkling water.
Try one of these variations of this Skinny Cocktail:
- The lightweight - reduce the amount of tequila by half for a weaker cocktail with even fewer calories.
- Fruit-forward - replace half the sparkling water with your favorite fruit juice for a fruitier cocktail. I recommend grapefruit, orange or cranberry juice.
- Hydrating - replace half the sparkling water with coconut water to add a boost of electrolytes to your drink.
- Sweetened - add ½ - 1 oz of simple syrup to your cocktail for a sweeter taste, just know this adds additional sugar and calories to the cocktail.
- Mint - add a few fresh mint leaves to your cocktail for a fresh flavor.
A few tools that come in handy for this recipe are:
A Skinny Cocktail can be made and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure you don't store it with ice so it doesn't get watered down.
To make a pitcher of Skinny Cocktail that serves 4, simply quadruple the recipe and serve. Alternatively, you can store the pitcher in the fridge without ice for up to 3 days.
A skinny cocktail is a cocktail with reduced calories. This is generally achieved by reducing the sugars in the cocktail by eliminating mixes and simple syrups.
Looking for other low-calorie cocktail recipes? Try these:
Serve this Skinny Cocktail with any of these dinner recipes for a fun evening:
- Add all ingredients to a glass, stir, add ice and serve.