Baked Cheese Crisps are a delicious low-carb and gluten-free snack that only requires 1 ingredient - grated parmesan cheese. Use them in lieu of croutons in salads or serve them as an appetizer to wow your guests.
Also known in my house as Parmesan Cheese Crisps, this is a healthy snack my whole family loves! Pro tip: Serve them with Spicy Marinara Sauce or Bruschetta Dip for dipping. They even make a fun addition to a charcuterie board or serve as a quick and easy Happy Hour when paired with a Skinny Cocktail.
This healthy Cheese Crisps recipe is low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free, grain-free and vegetarian so it works for a variety of dietary restrictions.
Here's what you need to make this Baked Cheese Crisps recipe:
- grated parmesan
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Baked Parmesan Cheese Chips:
1. Pour several 1 tablespoon mounds of grated parmesan onto a large baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Then flatten them into circles.
2. Bake at 425 for 4-10 minutes, until the Cheese Crisps are golden brown and crisp, watching closely so they don't burn. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Hint: For the best flavor, use good quality parmesan here rather than the processed shelf-stable stuff! Learn more about the origins of parmesan and how it's made.
Want to substitute an ingredient in these Baked Cheese Chips? Here's how:
- Parmesan - use a different shredded or grated cheese in place of the parmesan. My family particularly likes cheddar also.
Try one of these variations of these keto cheese crisps:
- Everything Bagel - sprinkle each of the mounds of cheese with a little Everything Bagel seasoning prior to baking.
- Herbs - sprinkle the cheese mounds with dried oregano, dried basil or dried Italian seasoning prior to baking.
Store these Baked Cheese Crisps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Or, freeze them in an airtight container for up to 6 months. If they lose their crispness when thawing, simply bake them for a few minutes to crisp them back up.
Cheese Chips that are underbaked will have a texture that is more chewy than crispy. For a crispy texture, be sure to bake cheese crisps until they turn golden brown. To crisp up cheese chips that are chewy, simply bake them for a few additional minutes.
Looking for other easy appetizer recipes? Try these:
Pair these Baked Cheese Crisps with one of these cocktails for a quick and easy Happy Hour.
Baked Cheese Chips
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pour several 1 tablespoon mounds of grated parmesan onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Then flatten them into circles.
- Bake at 425 for 4-10 minutes, until the Cheese Chips are perfectly brown and crisp, watching closely so they don't burn.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.