This delicious 10-minute Bruschetta Dip is fast, fresh and flavorful, making a perfect easy appetizer for a Happy Hour or dinner party.
Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer usually consisting of toasted bread that has been rubbed with garlic and is topped with a combination of chopped tomatoes, diced onion, garlic and fresh basil. In this Bruschetta Dip, I'm taking the classic combination of Bruschetta but serving it as an easy and casual dip.
Here's what you need to make Bruschetta Dip:
- extra virgin olive oil
- minced garlic
- red onion
- black pepper
- fresh basil
- grape tomatoes
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Bruschetta Dip:
1. Chop the onion, halve the tomatoes and slice the basil into thin strips.
2. In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Add the halved tomatoes, diced onion, sliced basil and minced garlic to the bowl.
4. Give everything a good stir and then serve as soon as possible.
Hint: Serve this Bruschetta Dip with your favorite dippers such as sliced baguette, pita chips, crackers or crostini (toasted bread.) For a low-carb and gluten-free dipper, try these Baked Cheese Chips.
Want to substitute one of the ingredients for Bruschetta Dip? Here's how:
- Olive oil - use an equal amount of another mild oil such as avocado oil in place of the olive oil.
- Grape tomatoes - use an equal amount of diced cherry tomatoes or seeded and diced roma tomatoes in place of the grape tomatoes.
Try one of these variations of Bruschetta Dip:
- Spicy - add ¼-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to make the bruschetta spicy.
- Balsamic - add 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze to add more depth of flavor to the dip.
- Strawberry - use an equal amount of diced strawberries in place of the tomatoes for a sweeter and more summery bruschetta.
This equipment comes in handy for making Bruschetta Dip:
Store the wet ingredients (lettuce, tomato, onion) separately from the dry ingredients (buns) in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
Store Bruschetta Dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
I don't recommend freezing leftover Bruschetta as the texture of the thawed toma
For the best flavor, do not refrigerate your tomatoes or the Bruschetta prior to serving. Keep the ingredients and the dip at room temperature when possible.
What is bruschetta sauce made of?
Bruschetta is traditionally made with a base of tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and basil. Sometimes it may also contain balsamic vinegar.
Bruschetta is typically served as an appetizer with bread or crostini (toasted sliced bread) for dipping. This pairs well with any Italian entree such as lasagna, chicken parmesan. meatballs or chicken cacciatore.
Bruschetta is best when neither hot nor cold but when served at room temperature.
To make bruschetta, simply combine olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, chopped tomatoes, diced onion and chopped basil in a bowl and stir. Serve with your favorite dippers.
Looking for other easy recipes like this? Try these:
Serve Bruschetta Dip with one of these Italian dishes for a balanced meal the whole family will love:
- Chop the onion, halve the tomatoes and slice the basil into thin strips.
- In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the halved tomatoes, diced onion, slied basil and minced garlic to the bowl. Give everything a good stir and then serve as soon as possible with your favorite dippers.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods