This Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding only takes 5 minutes to mix together with 6 simple ingredients. The chia seeds are packed with protein, fiber and omega-3's making this pudding a healthy and delicious dish that you're sure to love whether you enjoy it for breakfast, snack or dessert.
Chia seeds offer an array of health benefits and have therefore become a common staple for healthy diets, frequently being added to granola, smoothies or other recipes. No matter how you enjoy them, these nutritious seeds pack a bunch of protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and energized longer. With this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding recipe, you can have pudding for breakfast that tastes like a peanut butter cup while still eating healthy! But don't stop with breakfast! Chia pudding makes a satisfying and nutrient-rich snack any time of day! This pudding is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan so it can easily be served to a variety of sensitive eaters.
Here's what you need to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding:
- vanilla extract
- chia seeds
- monk fruit sweetener
- natural peanut butter
- cocoa powder
- almond milk
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding:
Add the almond milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, peanut butter, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract to a bowl.
Whisk well to combine all of the ingredients. Then, cover the pudding with plastic wrap or a lid, refrigerate for 8 hours, then give it a good stir and serve.
Hint: Enjoy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding as is, or top it with your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts, sliced banana, chocolate chips or an extra drizzle of peanut butter.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding? Here's how:
- Almond milk - use an equal amount of a different variety of plant or animal milk.
- Monk fruit sweetener - use an equal amount of a different dry or liquid sweetener of your choice such as honey, sugar or maple syrup.
- Natural peanut butter - use an equal amount of powdered peanut butter in place of the natural peanut butter, adding 2 extra Tablespoons of almond milk. Or, use an equal amount of a different nut butter such as almond butter in place of the peanut butter.
Try one of these variations of Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding:
- Banana - add ½ mashed banana to the chia pudding when mixing and top your finished bowl of chia pudding with a few slices of banana.
Or try this Keto Chia Pudding.
This equipment comes in handy when making chia pudding:
Prepared chia seed pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Since this chia pudding can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days it's the perfect recipe to meal-prep for quick breakfasts, snacks or desserts. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week and portion it into serving containers so it's ready to go whenever a craving strikes.
Chia seed pudding is good for you since it is packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids.
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes like this? Try these:
Serve this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding as a healthy dessert after one of these dinner recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Add the almond milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, peanut butter, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract to a bowl.
- Whisk well to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the pudding with plastic wrap or a lid, refrigerate for 8 hours, then give it a good stir and serve.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods