This Keto Chia Pudding only takes 5 minutes to throw together with 4 simple ingredients. The chia seeds are packed with protein, fiber and omega-3's making this pudding a healthy and delicious choice whether you enjoy it for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
Due to their health benefits, chia seeds have become a common staple for healthy diets, frequently being added to granola, smoothies or other recipes. Regardless of how you enjoy them, these mighty seeds pack a bunch of protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and energized longer. With this recipe, you can have pudding for breakfast and stay healthy! But don't stop with breakfast! Chia pudding makes a satisfying and nutrient-rich snack any time of day!
Here's what you need to make Keto Chia Pudding:
- vanilla extract
- chia seeds
- monk fruit sweetener
- almond milk
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Keto Chia Pudding
Add the almond milk, chia seeds, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract to a bowl.
Whisk well to combine.
Cover the pudding with plastic wrap or a lid, refrigerate for 8 hours, then give it a good stir and serve.
Hint: Enjoy Keto Chia Pudding as is, or top it with your favorite keto-friendly toppings such as chopped nuts, berries, shredded unsweetened coconut or nut butter.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Keto Chia Pudding? Here's how:
- Almond milk - use an equal amount of a different variety of plant or animal milk (the pudding may no longer be keto-friendly depending on the milk you choose.)
- Monk fruit sweetener - use an equal amount of a different dry or liquid sweetener of your choice (the pudding may no longer be keto-friendly depending on the sweetener you choose.)
Try one of these variations on Keto Chia Pudding:
- Coconut - Use unsweetened coconut milk in place of the almond milk and add ¼ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut when adding and stirring the other ingredients.
- Chocolate - add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder with the other ingredients when whisking.
This equipment comes in handy when making Keto Chia Pudding:
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mini whisk
Prepared Keto Chia Pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Since Keto Chia Pudding can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days it is the perfect thing to meal-prep for quick breakfasts or snacks. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week and portion it into serving containers so it's ready to go whenever a craving strikes.
Yes! Chia seeds are a great keto and low-carb staple and are loaded with protein, fiber and healthy fats.
Looking for other easy and healthy breakfast recipes? Try these:
Keto Chia Pudding
- Add the almond milk, chia seeds, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract to a bowl.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Cover the pudding with plastic wrap or a lid, refrigerate for 8 hours, then give it a good stir and serve.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods