This delicious Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche comes together easily with just 6 simple ingredients for a crowd-pleasing gluten-free and low-carb breakfast.
Quiche is a classic French dish made of a mixture of eggs and dairy whisked together and baked in a pastry crust, often with various meats, cheeses or vegetables added. In this Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche recipe, I've omitted the crust to keep things grain-free, gluten-free and low-carb. This keto quiche is a super versatile dish and a great way to use up any leftover meats, cheeses or vegetables needing to be eaten. Quiche need not only be eaten for breakfast either, I like to serve this Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche with a simple salad and some fresh fruit for a balanced lunch or dinner.
Here's what you need to make Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche:
- heavy cream
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- deli meat ham sliced into bite-sized pieces
- black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche:
Add the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
Add the shredded cheese and sliced ham to the mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
Pour the egg mixture into a greased pie plate and bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes, until the center of the quiche is set and the top is golden brown.
Allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Hint: Quiche is cooked when the center no longer jiggles and when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If you prefer a more precise measurement, cook the quiche until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees F.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche? Here's how:
- Heavy cream - use an equal amount of milk in place of the heavy cream.
- Cheddar cheese - use an equal amount of a different shredded cheese in place of the cheddar such as gruyere.
- Ham - replace the ham with an equal amount of cooked and crumbled bacon or sausage.
- Deli ham - use an equal amount of chopped leftover cooked ham in place of the deli ham.
Try one of these variations of this keto Ham and Cheese Quiche no crust:
- Spicy - add 2-4 Tablespoons of hot sauce into the egg mixture when whisking.
- Deluxe - add 1 bunch of sliced green onions and ½ a finely diced bell pepper to the egg mixture when stirring in the ham and cheese.
- Vegetarian - replace the ham with a vegetable such as lightly steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, cooked spinach or blanched asparagus.
This equipment comes in handy when making Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche:
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- wire whisk
- silicone spoon spatula
- 9.5 inch round pie dish
- instant-read thermometer
Store leftover cooked and cooled Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
To prep this Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche in advance, follow the steps through pouring the batter into a greased dish, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8-12 hours prior to baking. Allow the refrigerated mixture to sit on the counter for 30 minutes prior to baking to take the chill off.
Yes, you can use regular milk instead of heavy cream in quiche, just know it will have an effect on the overall flavor and texture of the quiche making it less rich.
A frittata is partially cooked in a pan on the stove before transferring to the oven and baking until done. A crustless quiche is never cooked on the stove and is solely cooked in the oven.
Looking for other easy and healthy breakfast recipes? Try these:
Serve this keto Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche with one of these salads for a balanced meal the whole family will love:
Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the shredded cheese and sliced ham to the mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased round pie dish and bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes, until the center of the quiche is set and the top is golden brown.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 160 °F
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended