This easy Curried Tofu Salad comes together in just 15 minutes for a nutritious dish that is loaded with delicious flavor and texture. Serve this salad on bread, in a wrap, with crackers or over a bed of greens for a balanced meal.
Modeled after my favorite Healthy Curried Chicken Salad, this Curried Tofu Salad recipe has a texture that is reminiscent of egg salad, but with the bold flavor of Indian curry. This dish is so delicious and satisfying that both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike will love it! This salad is also vegetarian, grain-free and gluten-free as is and can easily be made vegan or dairy-free by following the variations below.
Looking for other easy tofu recipes? Try this Sesame Tofu recipe.
Here's what you need to make Curried Tofu Salad:
- block of extra firm tofu
- chopped celery
- chopped red onion
- dried cranberries
- chopped cilantro
- lemon juice
- curry powder
- black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make this Curried Tofu Salad recipe:
Place a block of extra firm tofu in a dish and use a fork to press and crumble it into small chunks.
Then, add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, salt and pepper to a bowl, whisking to combine.
Next, add the crumbled tofu to the bowl with the curry mayo mixture, stirring to combine.
Finally, add the diced celery, diced red onion, dried cranberries and chopped cilantro to the bowl. Stir well to combine everything. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Hint: Alternatively, crumble the tofu by hand or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Curried Tofu Salad? Here's how:
- Tofu - use an equal amount of canned chickpeas, shredded chicken or a meat substitute in place of the tofu.
- Mayonnaise - use an equal amount of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream in place of the mayonnaise.
- Fresh lemon juice - use an equal amount of bottled lemon juice in place of the freshly squeezed juice.
- Red onion - use sliced green onion in place of the chopped red onion.
- Dried cranberries - use an equal amount of dried cherries or chopped fresh grapes or apples in place of the dried cranberries.
- Sugar - use an equal amount of a sugar substitute such as honey or monk fruit in place of the sugar.
Try one of these Variations of Curried Tofu Salad:
- Vegan - use a vegan mayonnaise to make this recipe vegan.
- Spicy - add ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to add some spice to this salad.
- Nuts - add ¼ c sliced almonds, chopped roasted cashews, pecans or walnuts to the salad.
- Dairy-free - use a vegan mayo to make this recipe dairy-free.
Or try this Healthy Curried Chicken Salad.
This equipment comes in handy when making Curried Tofu Salad:
Store leftover Curried Tofu Salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing this salad as it will compromise the texture of the fresh vegetables.
For this Curry Tofu Salad to have a good firm texture, use only extra firm or super firm tofu. For a creamy tofu salad, use a soft or silken tofu.
One serving of this curried tofu salad has 206 calories.
Looking for other vegetarian recipes like this? Try these:
Serve Curried Tofu Salad with one of these vegetable dishes for a balanced meal everyone will love:
Curried Tofu Salad
- Place a block of extra firm tofu in a dish and use a fork to press and crumble it into small chunks.
- Then, add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, salt and pepper to a bowl, whisking to combine.
- Next, add the crumbled tofu to the bowl with the curry mayo mixture, stirring to combine.
- Finally, add the diced celery, diced red onion, dried cranberries and chopped cilantro to the bowl. Stir well to combine everything. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods