Who doesn't love the tempting combination of a gooey marshmallow and melted chocolate stuffed between two graham crackers? You can easily bake S'mores in the oven, enabling you to enjoy this classic treat in any weather conditions.
S'mores are the quintessential camping dessert that both adults and kids love. But why limit S'mores consumption to only when there's a campfire involved? By baking them, you can enjoy this beloved dessert anytime! Learn more about the history of S'mores here.
For a special fun family campfire-inspired evening, serve hot dogs for dinner and end the evening with these super easy S'mores in the oven.
Here's what you need to make S'mores in the oven:
- Graham crackers
- A milk chocolate bar
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how you make S'mores in the oven:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. While the oven preheats, place several graham cracker squares on a baking sheet, then, top half of the graham cracker squares with a marshmallow and the other half with chocolate bars.
2. Bake the S'mores at 450 for 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Hint: Line the cookie sheet with parchment sheets for easy cleanup.
Want to substitute an ingredient in these easy Oven Baked S'mores? Here's how:
- Chocolate bar - Use chocolate chips or a different candy such as a peanut butter cup in place of the chocolate bar.
Try one of these variations of S'mores in the oven:
- Gluten-free - use gluten-free graham crackers for gluten-free s'mores.
- Dairy-free / vegan - use dairy-free marshmallows and dairy-free chocolate for s'mores that are both vegan and dairy-free.
This equipment comes in handy when making S'mores in the oven:
Unfortunately, S'mores don't store well so I recommend eating them as soon as they are done.
This recipe works just as well to make S'mores in the oven for 1 person or 20, so adjust your quantities based on how many people you are serving and you can easily make S'mores for a crowd in under 10 minutes.
Bake S'mores in the oven at 450 for 5 minutes to enjoy s'mores indoors any time of the year!
Looking for other easy dessert recipes like these S'mores in the oven? Try these:
Serve these Oven S'mores with one of these dinner recipes:
S'mores in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Gently break the graham cracker rectangles in half, forming two squares. Then, place the squares on a sheet pan covered in parchment paper. Place a small chunk of chocolate on top half of the graham crackers. Place one marshmallow on top of the remaining graham crackers.
- Bake at 450 for 5 minutes, watching closely and removing the pan from the oven when the marashmallows turn golden brown on top.
- Form s'more sandwiches by pressing a chocolate covered graham against a marshmallow covered graham. Enjoy promptly while they're still warm and gooey.