This Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse is so creamy, rich and indulgent that no one will guess that it's actually good for you. It comes together in just 5 minutes with 6 simple ingredients making it just as easy as it is delicious!
Avocados have long been known for their creamy texture and health benefits. Here, I use them as the base to make the a decadent chocolate mousse that is actually good for you! The texture of the avocado makes the perfect creamy mousse but the other ingredients mask the flavor so no one would ever guess that this chocolate mousse has avocado in it.
Here's what you need to make Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse:
- almond milk
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract (not pictured)
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse:
Add the avocado, almond milk, cocoa powder, agave and salt to a food processor.
Process until smooth, 30-60 seconds. Scoop into serving cups and refrigerate at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Avocado Chocolate Mousse? Here's how:
- Almond milk - use an equal amount of a different non-dairy milk such as coconut or oat milk.
- Agave - use an equal amount of maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan) in place of the agave.
Try this variation of Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse:
- Keto - replace the agave with a keto-friendly sweetener such as monk fruit.
This equipment comes in handy when making Avocado Chocolate Mousse:
Store the wet ingredients (lettuce, tomato, onion) separately from the dry ingredients (buns) in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
Store Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse in an airtight container in the regfrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For a fancy presentation, top with non-dairy whipped cream, a little shaved chocolate and a few fresh raspberries.
To make avocado mousse, simply add avocado flesh, cocoa powder, almond milk, agave and salt to a food processor and process until smooth. Then, chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving and enjoy.
Looking for other easy dessert recipes like this? Try these:
Pair Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse with one of these other vegan dishes:
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Add the avocado, almond milk, cocoa powder, agave and salt to a food processor. Process until smooth, 30-60 seconds.
- Scoop into serving cups and refrigerate at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods