This Spicy Sriracha Mayo is a perfect balance of spicy, tangy, creamy and sweet flavors, which makes it the perfect sauce for drizzling on top of a variety of Asian-inspired meals!
Sriracha sauce is an Asian hot sauce that is now commonly found in most American grocery stores. Sriracha is often combined with mayonnaise to make a sauce that is perfectly spicy and creamy and works equally well when squirted over sushi, rice bowls or banh mi sandwiches.
Here's what you need to make Spicy Sriracha Mayo:
- rice vinegar
- sriracha sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make Spicy Sriracha Mayo:
Firstly, add the mayo, rice vinegar, sriracha, salt and sugar to a small bowl.
Then, whisk everything to combine and serve the sauce right away, or alternatively, refrigerate until serving.
Hint: I like to store my Sriracha Mayo in a squirt bottle in order to easily add an attractive garnish to rice bowls and other meals.
Want to substitute an ingredient in Spicy Sriracha Mayo? Here's how:
- Mayo - use an equal amount of Greek yogurt or sour cream in place of the mayo.
- Rice vinegar - use an equal amount of white distilled vinegar in place of the rice vinegar.
- Sugar - use an equal amount of an alternative sweetener such as honey or monk fruit in place of the sugar.
Try one of these variations of Sriracha Mayo:
- Extra spicy - double the amount of sriracha for extra spicy mayo.
- Vegan - use a vegan mayonnaise for a vegan Sriracha Mayo.
- Keto or low-carb - use monk fruit sweetener in place of the sugar for a low-carb or keto mayo.
These tools come in handy when making Spicy Sriracha Mayo:
Store leftover Sriracha Mayo in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Since Sriracha Mayo keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge, you can make a big batch ahead of time and use it for various meals over that 2-week period.
Sriracha Mayo is made of a combination of mayonnaise, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, salt and sugar.
Looking for other easy sauce recipes like this? If so, give one of these a try:
Additionally, for a delicious meal that the whole family will love, serve this Spicy Sriracha Mayo with one of these Asian dishes:
Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- Add the mayo, rice vinegar, sriracha, salt and sugar to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Serve right away or refrigerate until serving.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.